Friday, July 12, 2013

The little things...

Yesterday, Clara asked if she could decorate a memory box & keep things in it like Josefina. (Josefina is the AG doll that we are currently reading her books) I gave Clara a box & she sat down & went to work while I folded clothes. When she called me over to see what she had done, my eyes filled with tears! Clara has been doing an excellent job reading at home, but she always asks me to spell things out for her & refuses to sound the words out & try herself when she is writing. For the first time, she wrote her words all by herself. She even put the s on the end of her name! I happily added an apostrophe & used the opportunity to teach her (as any HS mom would do), but I was beaming! Maybe she is getting it after all!!